Post Production 1 - "Focus of your editing"


 

Scrapped clips and replacements


With all the peer review received in the past, I decided it was for the better that I get rid of all old clips and all old content from the previous draft, and instead start a whole new project. I have first set up the sound and effects side of my film, by adding any sound effects or cuts I want on a template.

Next, it was time for me to record again new clips. I decided to work out on board how I want the film to develop, and thus recorded four different clips. Focusing on ground level shots, medium/low level shots, and one point of view shot.

The camera movement of one of these clips was steady, but the remaining clips remained a natural camera movement as I had no resources or well-elevated structures to maintain my camera in a good position to record both the environment and me adequately.

I took multiple clips for all four clips, edited those clips so they're shorter and cut out any errors, and then continued to adjust them on Premiere Pro so it fits a sizeable time frame.


Music & Sound

I was told my previous draft had a very good music track, but I still decided to replace this, because my film was now much more intense rather than sentimental. The old music track was not satisfactory enough to stay, so I added a different music track, copyright-free.

I still had a lot more work to do, but I added new sound files and pre-recorded a voice clip that I would try to modify to simulate the voice of a news reporter, I did this by using the mobile app "Free voice changer: funny sound effects, voice app", where I checked in the "About this app" information, and found no copyright-restrictions or use restrictions that would stop me from adding it to my work. I added all sound files to the project without organization, because there was still much more to be added to the visual aspect for me to have a good idea of how long each sound effect should last, or how long the music track should be.

I also pre-edited all sound effects (except the car crash sound effect, which is the only thing that stayed from the previous draft), with a sound transition effect so they would enter and leave the film smoothly and without overwhelming me (the viewer).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review (Week 6)

Working with Premiere Pro