Production 1 - "Focus of your work"

 There are many processes to beginning to make a film. There are many things out that need to be planned and so I have planned out dialogue, casting, locations, and lastly, schedules. I have planned the different approach methods to my film based on a rubric, and I'm ready to blog some of that progress.


Dialogue


The dialogue was the most entertaining part, as It gives the film director a taste of what their future work will be like. I have written a page worth of dialogue notes, and here is what it looks like:


    "This is how everything began. All he needed was to make the dumb mistake of driving while drunk.. The fool completely crashed into another car, and a poor kid did not make it..."

"He was trialed, sentenced, and his sentence was anything but short. 20 years of prison, probably enough to kill him of age before I ever see him again..."

"Everyone viciously pointed at him the days leaving to his imprison, and everyone slowly began to turn their backs on me. Me, who already has a deteriorating mind state, of course was not sure what was going on. But after the last straw, of experiencing even my close friends forgetting me, I have had it."

"Today, I begin an important era of my life. I will carry on his name and legacy, so no one ever speaks his name in bad manners again, he will be avenged... Avenged  by A Familiar One."

The purpose of this dialogue is to give perspective to the reader of what really happened. It is not meant to spoil anything (other than the fact there is probably going to be murder scenes). It also serves as character development from before the movie to the start of the movie, and gives a good perspective of what is going on, or what the movie is all about.



Casting Needs


The opening movie scene was changed from the story board, as you can't really find a crashed car or have a news station/courtroom to record unless you have a lot of money.

To fit for the more economic approach, we kept it to direct focuses on the main antagonist of the movie (the killer), and kept out any other characters because I could not think of a way to make them "make sense" with the movie opening. That leaves the casting prepared to start.




Shooting Locations & Schedule


The shooting locations were simple. Originally, I was supposed to have a scene that takes place after a car crash. Since that was scrapped and changed for something that takes place AFTER the events, I decided it would be clever to record it as the killer going back to the location where it all happened again (before he finally goes over the line and becomes a killer), while the dialogue is played.

I wanted this to be filmed next to a road, the place in specific did not matter too much as it could be any roads, but I decided to go for a road nearby our High School, as I thought it would fit in more, considering it was a child who died, who could be a child coming back from school.

The schedule could not be specific, the reason for this being that the film relied on weather. I could always change the hue of the video, but it would be really awkward to have a gloomy hue with a clear sunny sky in the background.

There would also be another scene inside my house, where I would be recording a flashcard with the title (and the cast) written in a very "shaky" form to give the illusion that this is from the antagonist. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review (Week 6)

Working with Premiere Pro