Storyboard
Storyboarding
Storyboarding has been a fun concept that I have enjoyed
bringing to live and visualizing on a paper. It has changed some of my ideas
for the better, and it has also given me more ideas (one being the second) which
could be implemented into an actual project. Thanks to storyboarding I feel now
much more comfortable with my project, and I am very excited to try to give
birth to this scene, even though it may propose difficulty in a world suffering
from a pandemic.
There have been other issues I have faced with storyboarding.
One being a way to give visual representation to the shots described in each
column. I feel like my art ‘skills’ just simply don’t do enough justice to the
work. That asides, I did enjoy still drawing the images, even if I were
struggling, and gave me a clear image of how I would visualize the movie
instead of just picturing it.
Drawing was one element I enjoyed in the storyboard, but
another one could be considered the shots, angles, and/or camera movements. As
it allowed me to easily find a creative way in the first and second shot to work
on these aspects, while also keeping the main theme of the movie. This exercise
has opened my eyes and allowed me to learn that not only there are many
opportunities in the world of movies, but there are also many ways in which you
can create these movies, giving almost endless possibilities to creating a
movie. There is no “bad” movie out there. Every movie can be a good movie, but
it needs (in my eyes) to be able to show good use of these skills to be able to
succeed, regardless of the story.
James M. Higgins shows on his article Storyboard your way
to success shows the many ways in which storyboards can be used to create
unique and creative concepts. Without a good plan or storyboard to be able to
think through the many factors, such as types of camera angles or more, your
movie will not probably do so hot. Even Walt Disney used (after inventing) the
storyboards. Which was then adapted over decades until Now. Annemaree O’ Brien
also shows another important thing to keep in mind, other than just doing
storyboards, which is ‘recounting’ the storyboard once you have it ready, on
her article Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner’s guide. With
these in mind, I have tried to make my storyboard as best as possible, and even
reworked the second shot today.
With the adaptation of these skills, changing my simple idea
of a car crash reveal, to a creative real life to news station warp
camera movement is one of the many things I could continue to improve my
storyboard. I am very excited to continue with this project and update more on
this opening scene as we move along.
Storyboard
so far:

Comments
Post a Comment